Matching Rules are based on models powered by machine learning. There are two ways to create a new model. You can press the ADD MODEL button to develop one from scratch or you can select an existing rule and then press the CLONE button. In either case, the Model configuration window will be opened which includes these elements:
- Name - enter an unique name for your rule.
- Fields - select all the fields that should be included as part of this model.
Notice that a pencil icon is shown within each field. Pressing this icon will allow you to control how the matching is done for this field. To learn more about this, please follow this link.
- Auto Training - since rules are powered by Machine Learning, enabling this switch will allow DataGroomr to improve the rule as it is being used.
Tip: A cloned model will replicate all the selected fields and other values from the source model but allow you to change them.
When you have completed the configuration, you will have these options:
- here TRAIN button will begin the training process. During this process the model will analyze the data for the fields you specified and select combinations that may or may not be duplicates. Once a model has completed this process it becomes a matching rule that is will be available for use by datasets. You can learn about Training
- SAVE will only store your changes. You can return and edit this model.
- Pressing CANCEL button will exit this window without saving any change.