DataGroomr allows a user to compare and detect duplicates between different datasets (sometimes known as cross-object compare). Some common scenarios are to compare Leads to Contacts or Leads to Accounts. You may also create your own custom "compare datasets".
Create "Compare Dataset"
The first step is to create a special "Compare dataset" that will identify which two datasets will be analyzed for duplicates. To do this, select the ADD > Cross object dataset option in Trimmr Dashboard.
The Compare dataset dialogue consists of 4 tabs:
- General Tab - this section is used to name the compare, select parent dataset (see NOTE below) , child dataset and Minimum confidence level that is displayed to the user.
NOTE: In Compare Dataset, the parent dataset object will always be retained (master data record) when performing a merge.
Good to know: For common scenarios of comparing Leads to Contacts or Leads to Accounts, the app will automatically fill in the Title. A user may override this title with a different one.
- Fields Mapping Tab - Trimmr will match the field names across the selected datasets. Any unmapped fields will be marked in red and will not be compared. However, you can manually map the field from the drop-down list.
- Merge Rules
- Matching Rules
Once created, Trimmr will run an analysis on the new data and show the results in the in the Trimmr menu and dashboard.
Once an analysis is complete duplicates will be placed in Matched Groups, where they can be reviewed and processed similar to other Trimmr datasets. You can read more about processing duplicates in Duplicate Group Review article.
There is one major difference in processing duplicates when comparing Leads to Contacts or Leads to Accounts, the Convert button replaces the traditional Merge button.
Good to know: What happens when a Lead is converted into an existing Contact?
- Empty Contact fields will be populated from the matching Lead field.
- Any campaign members will be moved to the contact
- All open and closed activities from the lead are attached to the contact
Good to know: What happens when a Lead is converted into an existing Account?
- The Lead will be Converted into a new Contact TIP: this may create a duplicate Contact if one already exists. To avoid this issue, it is recommended to execute a Lead to Contact compare first,
- Empty Account fields will be populated from the matching Lead field.
- All open and closed activities from the lead are attached to the account